We are passionate about coming alongside of you wherever you are.
Strengths Finders Assessment
This considers an athlete’s Mental Training and Mental Toughness.
- Create a personalized “Mental Workout” athletes can use before practices & games to enhance performance & confidence
- Sports Psychology and Performance
- Focus & Goal-Setting
- Getting in the Zone: Game Preparation
- Maintaining Composure
- Stress & Time Management
- Mental Toughness
- Confidence & Consistency
- Managing Nerves
- Emotional Control
- Visualization, Breathing, Grounding, & other Sports Psychology Strategies
- University Recruiting (NCAA & CIS)
- Injury & Rehabilitation
- Identity after Sport
- Strengths Finders
- Team Building
- Life Skills transferable outside of the arena
“Barb has been a bright light and walked with me through some dark times. She has been instrumental to my personal, professional, and relational growth and I’m truly grateful!” – Client S.
- Relationship Issues, Communication, and Conflict Resolution
- Couples & Family
- Marital, Pre-marital, Separation/Divorce
- Trauma & PTSD
- Goal Setting
- Strengths Finders
- Identity Formation
- Spiritual Exploration
- Life Guidance
- Postpartum Depression/Anxiety, Motherhood
- Motivational Interviewing
- Eating Disorders
- Coping Skills
- Sexual Abuse
“Barb’s experience and expertise has helped normalize what I was going through, feel heard, and learn useful coping strategies. She has a calming presence, genuine heart for people, and impactful ways of helping. I always leave better than I came.” – Client A.
Strength Finders Assessment:
Leadership, Team-building, and Personal/Professional Development
- Clients will be given a Strengths Assessment with a personalized write up and session to review the assessment, their unique Top 5 Strengths, and how to apply them.
- This is a team-building & leadership enhancement tool used by 90% of Fortune 500 Companies.
- Clifton Strengths assessment is essential for empowering people to set and achieve their goals and accomplish great things.
People who know and use their Clifton Strengths are:
- 6x as likely to be engaged at their work, school, or team.
- 7.8% more productive in their role.
- 3x as likely to have an excellent quality of life.
- 6x as likely to do what they do best every day.
“We loved doing the Strengths with Barb. It has helped us individually—and through a career change—and collectively as a couple. It helps me understand and appreciate my spouse more, and I now feel like I can encourage him better.” – Clients C. & M.
Speaking Events & Workshops:
Creating community and connection for a safe, confidential, and group healing journey on various topics.For a list of my previous & upcoming Speaking Events, please see my social media pages. The most recent ones include:
- Creating a “Mental Workout” for athletes with BC Hockey
- BrainTrust Canada & Olympic Gold & Silver Medalist Kelsey Serwa
- Heritage Christian School
- “Healthy Body, Healthy Mind” with Aligned Chiropractic
- “Gratitude” events with Third Space Life Charity
- “Pressure, Performance, & Identity” with Breakout West Music Conference & Festival
- “Overcoming Stress & Anxiety” with Wildfire Women
- Monthly Team Interactive Workshops
- SMART Goal Setting
- Clifton Strengths Finders Assessment
- Stress management
- Suicide Protective and Risk factors, Self-Harm
- Substance Misuse and Abuse
- Self-esteem, Identity
- Eating Disorders & Body Image
- Life Balance & Guidance
- Coping Strategies
- Replacing Negative Thoughts
- The Connection between the Brain and the Body
- Healthy Body, Healthy Mind
- Breathing, Muscle Relaxation, & Grounding Techniques
- Couples Strengthening
- Top 10 Cognitive Distortions & How to Replace Them
- Educating, Equipping, & Empowering Women in the Community
- Performance, Pressure, & Identity
- Overcoming Anxiety & Stress with Wildfire Women
- Change the way you Think, Change the way you Feel, Change the way you Live
“Doing what is best for our babies means taking care of ourselves as mamas. For me, this is meeting with Barb. She is able to share her knowledge and background in attachment theory in a way that makes sense, but it is her honesty and support that is especially rejuvenating.” – Client K.
Shaemus McLeod Goaltender for Humboldt Broncos
Serious athletes train both their bodies and minds for peak performance. Barb continues to be a motivational inspiration to me and my goaltending career both on and off the ice. She is not only an exceptional mental coach but takes the time to work through the personal trials of day to day life. I look forward to working with her for many years to come.
Stephanie Schaupmeyer Captain, UBC Thunderbirds
In my 5 years with the UBC Thunderbirds, the discourse surrounding mental health as a high performance athlete has changed so much. I have learned that being mentally tough on the ice is inextricably linked with being mentally well in the other areas of your life. I learned that this idea of a strong, mentally unbreakable athlete just isn’t possible. We all need support at times, and it’s ok to ask for it. When I started actively working on my mental wellbeing just like I actively worked on my hockey skills is when I began to really feel mentally tough in other areas of my life.
Jocelyne & Monique Lamoureaux Team USA, Olympic Gold & Silver Medalists
Whether it’s on ice and or off ice training the mental component of the game is bigger than the physical at times. I believe in sport and in life there are always obstacles, extrinsic and intrinsic. The biggest and most important mental skill I think a person can have is the ability to rebound from mistakes, criticisms and doubt with the confidence that you have the ability to get the job done and to improve yourself every step of the way.