Want to grow in silencing *your* inner critic? We have an Online Course and Self-Talk Journals (hard copy and digital download available).
Use this Special Discount Code: BARB30
“A product that, as a therapist, I personally use and recommend for my clients. It’s backed by research and is filled with useful tools for mental health.”
HAILEY K. | CLINICAL COUNSELOR
Tailored to Your Mental Health Goals
91 UNIQUE LAYOUTS
For an engaging experience on every page.
BEAUTIFUL NEW DESIGN
Inspiring and guiding you through ‘the work’, by design.
Like a private session with an expert, every time.
Motivating your writing and guiding you forward.
Designed to increase self-awareness and spark self-discovery.
Proven formulas for self-development and self-healing.
Our journal’s unique, progressive structure was engineered by top psychologists and behavioral scientists at academic institutions such as
Backed by Science
We recently submitted our Self-Love journal for peer reviews and testing. The verdict? Results we’re proud of, to say the least.
Mental Health Experts
People around the world are bettering their lives
It’s a good way to start each day, to start off a day reframing the thoughts and the words you pass around in your head into more positive and loving ones, and I’m loving it so far!
How we help you build a better relationship with yourself
Pick your focus
Follow the guide best suited for you.
For just 10 minutes each day.
Track your progress
Watch your self-development unfold in front of you, every week.
inspiration & mentors:
I am inspired by those I have been fortunate enough to work with, my amazing clients. Those who have faced and have overcome obstacles, and wherever they are, they are all there. They are living their lives truly alive.
- All of Team USA, especially my friends and former teammates, and mental health and women’s equality advocates Jocelyne and Monique Lamoureaux.
- Team Canada Olympic Gold Medalist Natalie Spooner, along with Team Canada, Team Sweden, & Team Finland players. My former teammates, and still friends, your commitment and perseverance is inspiring to the next generation.
- UBC athletes and coaches who showed impeccable resilience following the suicide of a player in 2016. Implementing sports counselling has helped this team tremendously following this devastating event. The legacy has inspired my own Sports Counselling Program of 1-on-1 Counselling and Team Workshops to be available to teams and organizations.
- As a former goaltending coach of one of the Humboldt Broncos’ goaltenders, I am inspired by their resilience.
- Saul Miller, NHL and professional sports psychology and performance consultant who helped my mental game and performance as a goaltender.
My “Coaches” & Mentors
- As a therapist, I was mentored by well-respected therapists such as David Fung (Marriage and Family Therapy specialist), Barb Gladue, Dr. Ed Weiss (Pastor, Therapist, and Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy specialist) and Dr.Reba Glidewell (American Psychological Association, Trauma specialist).
- I love the work and have done workshops on Dr. Brene Brown on courage and vulnerability, Dr.Sue Johnson & Dr. Gottman on Couples Therapy.
- I have extended experience in positive psychology tools, such as the Strengths Finders Assessment, used by 90% of Fortune 500 Companies for leadership & team-building. It is also recognized for resumes, applications, & life guidance.
And mostly, my Teammates in Life
My husband, my 3 kids, my family, & my Bernese mountain dog, Molson. My grandfather, Steve Bilko, who was a major-league baseball player & instilled the importance of sport in me. It’s so much bigger than the game. Sport is a microcosm of life.
Natalie Spooner / Team Canada, Olympic Gold Medalist & Silver Medalist
The mental side of the game is extremely important. Having someone like Barb– who has been there as a player, coach, & mental health professional—is invaluable to help players perform their best on the ice, and in life!
The work I have done with Barb has changed my life. With her help I learned that I was not only worthy but, capable of helping myself. Walking with her has been one of the most meaningful experiences I have ever had.
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come Alive.
– Howard Thurman